Yoga is a discipline that includes breath control, meditation and bodily posture to achieve mental, physical and emotional balance. This article looks at 2 poses that would be perfect for beginners their tryst with yoga.
- Yoga helps reduce stress, strengthens the muscles, and facilitates relaxation.
- Tadasana is the foundation for most asanas in yoga. It improves posture and relieves backache, when practised regularly.
- Trikonasana relieves digestive disorders and facilitates hip flexibility.
Yoga is a discipline that includes breath control, meditation and practice of bodily postures to achieve emotional, mental, and physical balance. It reduces stress and helps us sleep better. It also facilitates mental and physical relaxation. It teaches us to function from a state of inner calm. It also is a full body workout that strengthens the muscles and joints.
Listed below are the two asanas that beginners will find perfect for their level of fitness. They’re the best way to introduce yoga into your daily routine.
Tadasana, the mountain pose, is the foundation of most asanas in yoga. It improves posture and relieves backache when practised regularly.
How to do the asana
- Stand with your feet together. Breath steadily
- Shift your weight onto your toes and inhale.
- Exhale and shift your weight evenly throughout your feet.
- Inhale and lift your torso up, lengthening your spine in the process.
- Hang your arms beside your torso. Exhale.
- Make sure your head is aligned with your pelvic area.
- Stay in the pose for 30-60 seconds and transition back onto the original pose.
- Repeat the asana 8-10 times
Trikonasana, the triangle pose, reliefs digestive disorders and facilitates hip flexibility
How to do the asana
- Stand with your feet together.
- Keep your hands by your sides.
- Widen your legs about 2-3 feet.
- Lift your hands such that they are in alignment with your shoulders.
- Bend your upper body to the left, touching the ground with your fingertips
- Stay in this pose for 30 seconds and transition back into the original pose
- Repeat for the other side.
- Repeat the asana 10-12 times.
To know more about Yoga, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.