Often referred to as the ‘Queen of herbs’, Tulsi is one of the most sacred plants in Ayurveda. Revered for its Sattvic nature, Tulsi is loaded with medicinal and skincare benefits. To name a few, it is a potent blood purifier that pacifies Vata and Pitta and helps eliminate accumulated impurities which later manifest themselves as acne, blemishes, and textural irregularities.
Here are some tulsi-based face packs that will bring some balance to your life and complexion.
Tulsi and Milk Brightening Face Pack
- Grind 5-6 leaves of Tulsi with 2 tablespoons of milk until you get a thick consistency.
- Apply the paste on your face and keep it on for 15-20 min.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Use this pack twice a week for glowing, radiant skin.
Tulsi Face Pack To Reduce Acne and Acne Scars
- Mix 4-5 tulsi leaves with 1 tbsp of orange peel powder.
- Make a thick paste and apply it on your face for 10-15 min.
- Use it thrice a week to reduce acne and acne marks.
Tulsi and Sandalwood Face Pack To Reduce Inflammation
- Make a thick paste of a handful of Tulsi leaves, 1 tbsp. of sandalwood powder, and rose water.
- Apply this mixture on your face and wash it off after 15 min.
- Use this pack three times a week to soothe inflamed skin.
As you can see, you can’t go wrong with this wonder herb, no matter how you choose to use it. It’s sattvic in nature, vata pacifying, full of ojas — it’s a mystery how one small herb could have so much to offer. Add it to your beauty routine to keep a variety of skin-related complaints at bay and enjoy radiant and blemish-free complexion.