Back pain, although common, is a non-specific ailment. The acute condition usually lasts for a month and tends to disappear on its own. The chronic condition lasts for more than a month and may need medical intervention. This painful condition can be cured effectively with the help of several natural home remedies. Below are some of these home remedies:
- Regular application of an ice pack and hot pack can help reduce the pain and inflammation, if any. Also, warm Epsom salt baths can prove to be effective in this case.
- Spiced tea when consumed on regular basis can help reduce a backache naturally. Add five cloves, five black peppercorns, and one gram dry ginger powder in the tea and drink two times a day.
- Garlic oil massages can be highly beneficial in the treatment of back pain.
- Warm coconut oil or mint oil mixed with camphor powder or dried ginger and garlic can also be used to massage the back to relieve pain.
- A poultice prepared from raw potato is highly effective in getting rid of back pain.
- Boil 10 basil leaves in 1 cup of water till it reduces to half, add some salt and drink it regularly to cure back pain.
- A concoction of fresh lemon juice and salt will help alleviate back pain.
- Massaging the back with turpentine oil, mustard oil, or eucalyptus oil is one of the most effective natural home remedies for back pain.
- Therapies like yoga and acupressure are also efficient in relieving backaches.
Additionally, consume citrus fruits and vegetables like strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, lettuce, and other legumes to help manage a backache. Remember to keep the diet rich in essential vitamins like C, D, calcium, and phosphorus. Protein-rich foods like pulses and dairy products also help a great deal with backaches.