In Ayurveda, Vajikarana is used for two purposes – promoting sexual health and treating sexual diseases. Made from two words – Vaji (Horse) and Karana (Power), this discipline imparts good physique, potency, and complexion, along with the sexual strength of a horse.
Benefits of Vajikarana
Charak Samhita lays down the following benefits of Vajikarana therapy
- Increases time span of erections
- Rejuvenates sexual and reproductive energy
- Prevents premature ejaculation
- Helps in erectile dysfunction
- Improves fertility
- Provides yasha, bala, shri, and pushti to an individual
- Increases will power, intellect and memory
So great was the power of Vajikarana that Acharya Charak believed that it would also benefit the grandsons of the person undergoing the therapy, giving them sexual prowess and the ability to procreate in a healthy manner.
Types of Vajikarana
According to Ayurveda, Vajikarana dravyas (concoctions) are not limited to herbs alone. They encompass any and all substances that boost sexual activity, and include the following
- Gold, silver, pearls, and precious stones to arouse sexual desire
- Milk, ghee, shatavari, gokshura, yashtimadhu to boost semen production
- Sugar cane, bayberry, kushtha, etc. to purify semen
- Brahmi, katuka, guduchi, shatavari, etc. to improve fertility
- Saffron, garlic, clove, pippali, etc. to increase libido
- Nutmeg, chandan, ashwagandha, jatamansi, etc. to prevent premature ejaculation
Vajikarana therapy cannot be administered unless the individual’s body has been purified. If the body is ridden with ama, the aphrodisiacs and dravyas will not work as intended. That’s why Panchkarma therapies comprising oleation, purification, decoction enema, and lubricating enema are recommended for those who have seminal disorders.
To know more about Vajikarana therapies, speak to a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.