Amebiasis is a disease that causes you to have loose and frequent bowel movements and cramps because of an infection in the intestines.
- Amebiasis is caused by a pitta aggravation.
- Aggravated pitta slows down agni, causing the undigested food to turn into ama.
- Bael churanTry these home remedies using saut, jaiphal, etc.
Amebiasis is a disease similar to Colitis, wherein a parasitic infection in the intestines leaves you unable to properly clear your bowels. This makes you feel like you constantly have to defecate. Other symptoms include loose stools which is sometimes accompanied by mucus, stomach cramps, loss of appetite, a whitish coating on the tongue, and secretion of excess saliva.
According to the Ayurvedic perspective, this disorder is caused due to a pitta aggravation. Your pitta can get aggravated due to a number of reasons, the most likely culprit of which is in your diet. Having too many heating foods, like coffee, tea, and spicy and sour foods can cause imbalance, etc.
The aggravated pitta slows down the Agni (digestive fire) and causes all the undigested food to get accumulated in the intestines as ama (toxins). It is this ama that causes Amebiasis and a number of other diseases.
- Take powdered jaiphal (nutmeg) with water, mattha or chaach.
- Have bael churan with water. You can have it with your meals or after them.
- Combine isabgol (psyllium husk) with curd and have it twice a day to bind your stomach and solidify your stools.
- Have saunth churan with warm water to fire up the Agni (digestive fire).
- Make sure you avoid all leftovers and eat a diet of fresh and wholesome foods.
However, for long-term maintenance of the condition or to be free of it completely, you should consult a Jiva doctor. You can dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.