Constant runny or blocked nose, headache, pain in between eyes and cough are strong indicators of sinusitis. Known as Pinas in Ayurveda, sinusitis is a condition in which the sinuses are blocked with mucus and become inflamed. Sinusitis may attack people of any age and gender. Kids suffering from cold and other viral infections are prone to sinusitis and so are asthma patients.
Some commonly known triggers are:
- Increased intake of dry, oily, spicy, too hot or too cold foods, heavy, indigestible and incompatible foods that imbalance of all three doshas
- Impaired pitta (Fire) causing swelling and irritation of the tissues of the sinuses
- Exposure to cold, dusty and dry weather
- Staying awake till late in the night and sleeping in the daytime
- Suppressing natural urges of tears and vomiting
Try these simple home remedies to help you get relief and let us know if you feel the difference.
- Have 1 tsp. of fresh ginger juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey twice a day.
- Crush 4-5 peeled garlic buds and inhale the fragrance. This will reduce nasal congestion.
- Mix 1 tsp. of crushed garlic and 1 tsp. of turmeric with 2 tbsp. of honey. Take 1 tsp. daily.
- Boil 1 to 2 litres of water and add a few drops of clove oil (or a large spoonful of cloves), 10-12 crushed mint leaves and a few drops of eucalyptus oil (or 1/3 cup of eucalyptus leaves). Inhale the steam for 10-15 minutes twice a day.