There are many factors that lead to loss of libido in a woman. Some of them are pregnancy, lactation, menopause, and diseases like thyroid disorders and PCOS. Sometimes, there could also be a deep seated trauma of a past sexual encounter or abuse that prevents women from enjoying sex.
Ayurveda recommends the use of the herb Shatavari to increase Sattva (the healing power) inside the body. It also increases ojas, which is the essence responsible for immunity. It is also the fundamental support of the reproductive function. Its various qualities of balancing, nourishing and improving the body and mind makes it a rasayana (rejuvenate) for a women’s sexual health.
Ayurvedic benefits of Shatavari
- It increases fertility in women as it enables the production of healthy ova.
- Phytoestrogen present in shatavari shoot helps regulate estrogen from the ovaries and the skin. It also acts as a natural menstrual regulator.
- The sweet and bitter rasa of shatavari, along with its cooling guna, has a calming effect on the nervous system.
- The cold and heavy guna of shatavari enriches the body with nutrition and increases plasma and white white blood cell. This helps promote energy levels and strength.
- Shatavari is also known to be great for stress relief due to its cold virya.
Taking into account various factors, it is not uncommon to lose your libido. However, Ayurveda has remedies that can help improve your condition. If your condition persists, you can contact your Jiva doctor to know more about the underlying cause of your condition and get a thorough examination and the necessary help. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.