Menopause marks the end of the menstrual cycle in women and can bring a lot of unwelcome changes but some herbs can help to combat its symptoms. Shatavari is one such herb, and it’s one of the best friends a woman can have.
- Shatavari helps balance mind and body.
- Shatavari enhances endurance, stamina, aids digestion, balances doshas
- Have this shatavari and saffron milk,
According to Ayurveda, a woman approaches menopause when her ovaries are released from their role as centres for egg maturation and hormone production. With the onset of menopause, the levels of estrogen and progesterone, the two dominant female hormones, drop drastically. This drop in hormones leads to low Ojas, meaning, lessened ability to maintain balance and aggravated Vata. These imbalances cause hot flashes, weight gain, mood swings, irritated ness, etc.
But, don’t worry. Ayurveda has a treasure trove of therapeutic, healing ingredients to get you through this phase of life. One of such drink is saffron and Shatavari milk. Here’s how to make it.
- Add one cup of milk to a pan.
- Bring the milk to boil and remove from heat.
- Put in 10 strands of saffron thistles and ½ a tsp of Shatavari powder
- Stir and mix the powders thoroughly.
- Now add 1 tsp of ghee and mix properly.
- Drink the milk an hour before hitting the sack.
Take this saffron infused milk for a period of three to six months for maximum benefit.
Ayurveda has crowned Shatavari as a wonder herb. It has been used as a female reproductive tonic for women for centuries.
- It enhances endurance, stamina, aids digestion, balances doshas.
- Its cooling effects help to deal with hot flashes caused during menopause.
- Shatavari works wonders in soothing an irritated digestive system, and easing complaints like heartburn, diarrhoea or irritable bowel syndrome.
As you can see, the benefits of this herb are numerous and you should start incorporating it into your diet. To know more about a healthy Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.