Piles or arsh is painful, but Ayurveda can provide you with medicines that can give you relief from the excruciating pain. Let us understand what piles is and how Ayurveda can help you overcome the pain.
What are Piles?
In our human anatomy, piles are a bunch of veins surrounding the anus. There are conditions like constipation or pregnancy where the piles are strained due to pressure and become swollen. When such an affected person passes hard stools, the walls of the piles rupture leading to discharge of blood along with the stools. Even irregular eating habits, indigestion, prolonged sitting postures, obesity, excessive sexual intercourse, and old age can cause the straining of the piles.
Types of piles
There are usually two types of piles, internal piles and external piles. Internal haemorrhoids are in turn classified into 4 grades of piles depending on the size. External piles are also very common nowadays. This is an extremely painful condition.
Piles and Ayurveda
There are many conventional treatments for piles, fissures, and fistula. However, you find these treatments coming with various questionable side effects. This is where you can rely on Ayurveda to provide a long-lasting remedy or relief from this painful condition.
The treatment for piles in the initial stages is different from what you observe in the advanced stages. Personalized medications for balancing the Doshas, modifications to diet and lifestyle, and Yoga constitute the different ways of treatment. In case of advanced stages, the treatment procedure consists of detoxification, customized medication and diet and Kshar Sutra therapy. This therapy involves minimal surgical invasion, but it is an effective remedy for piles.
There are Ayurvedic medications that can help in providing relief from piles. Ayurveda believes in going to the root of the problem and treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. However, one should supplement the Ayurvedic medications with certain changes to their lifestyle. This is what one should do while following the Ayurvedic line of treatment.
- Eat fibre-rich foods and drink lots of water or fluids
- Never suppress your stools
- Clean the anal region thoroughly after passing stools
- Maintain your weight
- Avoid sitting for long hours
- Refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol
Home remedies for piles
These home remedies for piles do not cause any side effects. Hence, they are extremely useful.
- Apply a mix of neem powder, turmeric powder, and aloe vera juice on the pile mass at night before going to bed. The combination of papaya juice and mustard oil is also a good one.
- Having a Sitz bath is the best way to prevent infection and inflammation, especially for the protruding piles.
- Eat green salads, boiled carrots, radishes, and beetroots
- Triphala is a good home remedy that can help you have clean and regular bowel movements. This will provide relief from piles.
Piles are not as disgusting as they look. You can use these simple tips discussed above and get relief from haemorrhoids.