Ayurveda recommends herbs and natural ingredients such as sandalwood, rose water, turmeric, aloe vera to re-establish the doshic balance and keep skin healthy, smooth and radiant. To reduce tan and undo sun damage, saffron is considered very effective.
Here are 3 practical tips using saffron to peel off layers of damaged cells and give your skin a natural radiance.
Saffron-Honey Face Pack
Ayurveda considers honey as a ‘Prasadhana’, which means it improves the qualities of skin. Combined with ‘Varnya’ property of saffron, the mixture becomes very effective in reducing tanning and pigmentation.
Follow these steps
- Mix 3-4 strands of saffron with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Mix the strands well either by squeezing in between your fingers or use a mortar and pestle.
- Apply the mixture all over your face, neck and ears. Leave it on 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water
Saffron-Matar Daal Pack
Saffron is ‘Tridoshara’, meaning it balances all three doshas both internally and externally. When mixed with Pitta reducing-property of Matar Daal, the pack balances Bhrajaka Pitta on the skin.
Follow these steps
- Soak 2 teaspoon matar daal in water overnight
- Soak 7-8 strands of saffron in raw milk overnight
- Make a fine paste of the milk, saffron and matar daal
- Apply on the face, neck and ears.
- Wash off after the pack has dried.
Jiva Kumkumadi Oil
Jiva Kumkumadi oil contains Saffron, Madaar, Khas, Priyangu, Malkangni and many selected natural ingredients with proven benefits for the skin. It is helpful in making your skin soft, radiant and fairer. Regular application of the oil is beneficial in reducing suntan, blemishes, dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines. Follow these steps:
- Wash your face with water and pat dry
- Take 1-2 drops on the palm of your hands and apply in circular motion on the face
- Don’t wash off
Get personalized treatment and medicines for all skin problems. Call 0129-4040404 to talk to a Jiva doctor today, or click on ‘Speak to a doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.