The urinary tract is the body’s drainage system. If the health of the tract is compromised, it can lead to several complications. Have this herbal water to cleanse the urinary tract
- Unless the health of the urinary tract is maintained, it could severely affect kidney function.
- Cloves and fennel seeds are two spices that help reduce symptoms of UTI.
- Cloves have antibacterial properties while saunf fights fluid retention and flushed out excess water.
- Both these spices can be used to make an herbal tea that helps fight UTI.
The urinary tract is the body’s drainage system. It consists of the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. A healthy urinary tract is important as it produces and controls urine. It carries the waste of the body and eliminates it.
If the health of the tract is compromised, an individual might ail from an infection. Common symptoms include fever, chills, nausea and vomiting. If the infection is not treated in time, it affects the kidneys and the entire body. Symptoms can violently elevate within days and severely affect the kidney function.
Two herbs that effectively work in reducing the symptoms of a UTI are
- Cloves (laung) are essentially effective in reducing the symptoms of a UTI because of its antibacterial properties. It is an excellent painkiller and kick starts the recovery process.
- Fennel seeds (sauaf) regulate fluid retention in the body and flushed out excess water from the body. It also removes toxins from the blood and reduces the risk of catching a urinary tract infection again.
These herbs can be infused with water to prepare an herbal tea
- ½ tsp. dhaniya (coriander)
- 1 tsp. laung
- ¼ tsp. sauf
- Two glasses of water
- Boil two glasses of water
- Add saunf, laung and dhaniya
- Allow the herbs to steep
- Let the water and its contents boil for 7-10 minutes
- Strain the water and pour it into a glass
- Sip it warm throughout the day
For more advice on an Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.