A woman undergoes many physical and hormonal changes in her life. Some are easy, but some can bring complications with them. Menstrual cycles, for instance, tend to be accompanied by problems like irregular periods, excessive bleeding, pain, and cramps. Here are a few Ayurvedic tips that’ll help ease these symptoms and keep vata under control.
- Sour food, fried and oily food, and beans like rajma and chole should be avoided.
- Food that causes constipation or aggravates vata should be avoided.
- Include vegetables like pumpkin, potato, cauliflower, and peas in your diet.
- Foods like papaya and cucumber are recommended.
- Include spices like cumin (jeera), fenugreek seeds (methi), black pepper (kali mirch), cloves (laung), coriander (dhaniya), and mint (pudina) in your diet.
Apart from healthy eating and regular exercise. Here are a few Ayurvedic tips that’ll help fight menstrual problems.
- Take one crushed garlic clove (lahsun) with two cloves (laung) twice a day during your periods.
- When suffering from period cramps, take a teaspoon of aloe vera gel mixed with a pinch of black pepper or cinnamon (dalchini) powder.
- Drinking ginger infused herbal tea helps. You can also mix 1 tsp of ginger powder in warm water and have that.
- Take the following decoction from the first day of your periods helps to alleviate the symptoms: Boil 1 tsp of cumin seeds with two glasses of water over moderate heat until the mixture reduces to half. Sieve the seeds. Add a teaspoon of honey and drink it warm.
For more advice on menstrual disorders, talk to a Jiva Doctor today. You can dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.