Depression, weight gain, irregular periods and hormonal imbalance are some associated symptoms of PCOS. Here are a few yoga poses that help to strengthen the pelvic muscles, improves blood flow to the ovaries and the uterus, and relieve pain and stress during the menstrual cycle.
1. Supta Badhakonasana (The Reclining Butterfly Pose)
- Lying down on your back. Knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Bring your feet together. Palms flat on the floor.
- Inhale and contract your stomach.
- Breathe out and tilt pelvis towards tailbone.
- Exhale and open knees. Keep the soles of feet together.
- Hold for 30 seconds and release. Repeat 8-10 times.
2. Bhujangasana (The Cobra Pose)
- Lay on your abdomen. Toes flat on the ground.
- Bring hands under the shoulders, inhale and lift your head.
- Keep torso off the ground. The navel fixed on the floor.
- Tilt your head upwards.
- Hold for 30 seconds and release. Repeat 12 times.
3. Naukasana (The Boat Pose)
- Lay down on your stomach.
- Stretch hands in front of you. Join the palms together.
- Stretch feet out. Raise the legs and the upper-body off the ground while inhaling.
- Balance entire body on the pelvis.
- Hold for a few seconds and release while exhaling. Repeat 4-5 times.
Apart from following these yoga asanas, make sure to exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet!
However, for long-term maintenance of the condition or to be free of it completely, you should consult a Jiva doctor. You can dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.