Addictions are hard to let go of, but by strengthening your Ojas and Tejas with the foods recommended by Ayurveda can make this journey easier for you.
- Addiction depletes our resource of ojas and tejas – the body’s source of immunity and vitality
- The right combinations of foods and herbs can help you kick your addiction.
- Keeping stress and tension under check can also help you effectively fight addiction.
Addictions are easy to form and quite impossible to let go of. But with willpower, dedication, and support, there is no reason why you can’t battle them and emerge victorious. To help you with your mission, Ayurveda also has some tips, especially to do with how you can harness the power of your ojas and tejas to fight addiction.
Ojas is our body’s source of immunity and vitality. Being addicted to a toxic substance depletes it but with the right foods and practices you can restore it.
- Eat green vegetables like kale, parsley, spinach, lettuce, etc.
- Include rice, honey, almonds, strawberries, mangoes, split mung lentils, amaranth, etc.
- Incorporate spices and herbs like saunf (fennel), jeera (cumin), dalacheene (cinnamon), adrak (ginger), dhaniya (coriander) and Ajwain (carom seeds).
- Soak some Ajwain in lemon and keep it in a sunny spot for 3 days or till it becomes absolutely dry. Add some rock salt to this, grind into a powder, and whenever you feel the urge, have a few pinches of this.
Tejas is directly linked to the ojas in the way that ideal amount of Tejas keeps the ojas vibrant and radiant. Tejas is that essence that makes up the glow, clarity, fearlessness, and intelligence of a person.
- Ashwagandha fights against stress, reduces anxiety and depression, and heightens learning, memory and reaction time. Add 1 tsp of Ashwagandha to a cup of warm milk and have before bed.
- Brahmi and kaddu (pumpkin) are both nerve tonics that nourish the brain. Try the Jiva Brahmi Tablets.
For more advice on kicking addiction, consult a Jiva doctor today. You can dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.