Integrity is a blend of honesty and consistency. When people are consistent in their values and actions, they are perceived to be reliable. It is an attractive trait that helps people not just professionally, but also in their personal life.
Teaching your children to understand what integrity means and how to incorporate it into their lives will help them in the long run. It helps build character and shapes the personality of a child, modeling their behavior to reflect qualities like honesty, compassion, and patience. In fact, if you start from their early years, you will notice them displaying consistency and reliability from childhood itself.
- Teach them that integrity is a state of mind and is not situational. Compromising with integrity, irrespective of how big or small the situation, is never ok.
- Teach them to always side with the truth, especially when other people around them are being unfair. Also help them understand that telling the truth might be difficult sometimes, but it helps clear their conscience.
- Tell them to treat people fairly, even if they’re being treated unfairly. They should never give up on their ideals even if things don’t go their way
- Use scenarios they come across in their everyday life to see how they would react in them and help them understand right behavior from wrong the behavior.
- Finally, teach them that all actions have consequences and the true mark of integrity is not running away from them, but taking responsibility for what they’ve done.
As parents, it is your responsibility to shape your child’s personality in a way that puts them on the path of righteousness. And if you need any guidance with that, speak to one of our doctors about the Jiva AyurBaby program. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’.