Piles also known as hemorrhoids, is one of the most common diseases in both young and old age groups. The main reason for it is the weak and faulty digestive system, other being pregnancy, aging, and hereditary factors.
Signs and symptoms
- Bleeding, burning sensation and pain per rectum during defecation
- A lump around the anus causing discomfort
- Itching and soreness around the anal region
- Mucous discharge
How can one get rid of piles naturally?
Below are listed few natural solutions to treat piles or to lessen the discomfort caused by them.
1. Eat food which has high fiber content: Fiber-rich food helps in relieving constipation by softening stool and adding bulk to it. Foods rich in fiber are lentils, berries & beans. According to clinical studies, high-fiber diets reduce the symptoms and bleeding in piles.
2. Increase the water intake: According to Ayurvedic science dryness in the body is the main reason for dry stools which may make hemorrhoids worse. A dehydrated body is always constipated, as water and fluids are required for fiber to travel through the digestive tract. Fluid loss and retention can worsen the hemorrhoids, therefore it is always advised to drink at least 8 -10 glasses of water every day.
3. Add probiotics to the diet: Probiotic improves the intestinal tract health and aids digestion. It also modifies gut pH. Yogurt, and other probiotic drinks provide the digestive system with good bacteria, which is essential for proper elimination.
4. Toilet habits: Delaying defecation can lead to hardening of stool and thus make way for hemorrhoids to crop up. Never sit for prolonged hours in the toilet as it puts pressure in the anal region. Reading of newspaper or magazines should be avoided.
5. Limit alcohol and spicy food: Alcohol dehydrates the body and can lead to constipation making the hemorrhoids worse. Similarly, spicy food irritates the piles and leads to soreness and increased itching.
6. Herbal Applications: Various herbal and Ayurvedic medications are known to give long-term relief from hemorrhoids. They are herbal and bear no side effects and are very effective. Soothing local applications like warm olive oil gives a soothing effect to the burning and itchy hemorrhoids.
The natural way to reap benefits for any disease is always a good option as it does not give any side effect, is easily available, and is healthy for the whole body. Remember, home remedies alone will not work. To get long-term relief and best treatment talk to Jiva Doctor today.