Giloy is an Indian herb that has been used by Ayurveda for its abundant medical benefits. It has been regarded as the ‘root of immortality’.
- Regular intake of giloy-ginger milk can help reduce pain and inflammation in joints
- Chew on a giloy root or drink giloy juice to reduce respiratory problems like cough and cold
- Giloy plant when applied over the eyes, improves vision
Giloy is an Indian herb that has been used by Ayurveda for its abundant medical benefits. It has been regarded as the ‘root of immortality’. It has been accepted and approved by various organizations on an international front.
It will give your immunity a boost. Giloy is filled with antioxidants that keep the cells healthy and fight against the accumulation of ama. It also purifies the blood. It is especially good for the liver and can help ease UTI. Giloy is extremely useful in reducing signs and symptoms of recurrent fevers and several life-threatening diseases such as dengue, malaria and swine flu.
Giloy is anti-inflammatory in nature. Chew on a giloy root or drink giloy juice to reduce respiratory problems like cough and cold.
Steps to prepare giloy juice
- Take a giloy root and peel its outer skin off.
- Cut it in small pieces and grind it with half a cup of water
- After you get a paste-like consistency, add two cups of water to it.
Giloy juice reduces high levels of blood sugar and helps in treating diabetes
Giloy is anti-arthritic in nature. Regular intake of giloy-ginger milk can help reduce pain and inflammation in joints.
- Add giloy stem powder to boiled milk.
- Add a pinch of ginger powder to it.
- Have it twice a day.
To improve vision- Giloy plant, when applied over the eyes, helps improve vision.
- Boil giloy leaves in water.
- Let it cool down.
- Apply it over your eyelids.
For more advice about more Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.