Your dominant dosha has a huge effect on your skin but the one thing that everyone has in common is that their skin constantly rebuilds itself by shedding old skin cells and replacing them with new ones. That’s why exfoliation should be an important part of your beauty regime
- Exfoliation helps get rid of the dead skin cells to make room for fresh new cells.
- Each skin type is best suited by a homemade exfoliator tailormade for their doshic needs.
- Exfoliation should be limited to only once a week.
Your dominant dosha has a huge effect on all aspects of your physiology including your skin.
- Vata skin types are usually dry, rough, and delicate.
- Pitta skin types tend to be sensitive, sweaty, and flushed.
- Kapha skin types are on the oilier side, with cool and soft skin.
However, the one thing that everyone has in common is that their skin constantly rebuilds itself by shedding old skin cells and replacing them with new ones. Here is where exfoliation comes in to help you get rid of the dead skin cells to make room for fresh new cells.
Vata Skin Types
Combine 1 tablespoon of sugar with ½ teaspoon dried adrak (ginger) powder and enough water to make a paste. Gently massage it into your skin and wash off with warm water.
Pitta Skin Types
Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar with ½ teaspoon dhaniya powder (coriander) and enough water to form a paste. Gently rub the paste into your skin and rinse with cool water.
Kapha Skin Types
Make a paste by combining 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 tablespoon cornmeal (makki ka atta). Gently cleanse your face with it and rinse with warm water.
Weekly exfoliation should be a part of your skin care routine. For further guidance, you should consult a Jiva doctor. You can dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.