Rose halwa has tridoshic qualities that promote your mental and physical well-being. It also has qualities of the madhura rasa and makes for a great dessert or an evening snack.
- Enjoy a dessert that taps into the goodness of madhura rasa
- This rose halwa is a light dessert with tridoshic qualities
- Easy to make and amazing in taste, the halwa is sure to become a hit with your family
In ancient times food was considered valuable for its medicinal and healing properties. People valued food very differently back then. It wasn’t just something that appeased your cravings or taste buds. Food was integral to the development of the mind, body, and soul. People were conscious about who they bought food from, and where. Even the state of mind when preparing and eating food was believed to have subtle effects on our state of health and well-being.
Following is a recipe for you to enjoy the delicacy of madhura rasa as an evening snack with your friends and family. Rose halwa has tridoshic qualities that promote your mental and physical well-being.
- A handful of raisins
- A handful of cashews
- A handful of almonds
- 4 tsp of organic ghee
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tsp of Rose Water
- 1½ cup of semolina (sooji)
- Honey as per taste
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (dalchini)
- ½ tsp of ground cardamom (elaichi)
- Melt a teaspoon of ghee in a small frying pan and roast raisins, almonds, and cashews on medium heat. Set it aside.
- In a bigger saucepan, add the remaining ghee, followed by the sooji and roast on medium heat for 3-4 mins until light brown.
- Now add honey and grounded dalchini and elaichi and stir well.
- Add roasted dry fruits that were kept aside, along with water and rose water. Continue stirring.
- It’s important to keep stirring at medium flame to avoid lumps. Continue stirring for a minute until the mix solidifies a little.
- Serve the halwa warm. Enjoy!
To know more about a healthy Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.