Mornings tend to be hectic – there’s so much to do. And in all that rush, we tend to skip breakfast altogether. Well, according to the science of Vedas, breakfast is an important part of the Ayurvedic daily regimen (Dincharya). It literally means ‘break-the-fast’. Skipping this meal imbalances the doshas (vata, pitta, kapha) and disturbs the sadhaka pitta, which is responsible for anger control. This can cause irritability, temper tantrums, weight management issues and digestion problems, etc.
If you are looking for a light, no-fuss breakfast, here are a few Ayurvedic recommendations, that too according to your body constitution.
- Try a glass of fresh fruit or vegetable juice to hydrate your body to flush out all ama (toxins). However, avoid orange juice on empty stomach, since it is acidic in nature. Instead have mixed juice of pear, apple and grapes.
- A power packed meal of veggies sautéed in ghee, and creamy oatmeal with coconut and milk are an ideal breakfast for those predominant in Vata dosha.
- For Pitta dosha, a serving of fruit salad, millet porridge, stewed apples, and barley cereal are ideal breakfast choices.
- Individuals with predominant Kapha dosha can start their day with a handful of almonds, dates, figs and raisins.
- Whole grains like wheat and fresh fruits also make for a nutritious, power-packed breakfast for a busy day.
A healthy and nutritious breakfast keeps you going throughout the day. It acts as a fuel for your body and gives you the energy to get things done. If you skip this all-important meal, you could end up with health problems. So, make sure that you never skip breakfast.
To know more about healthy, ayurvedic diet and lifestyle, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.