Try this savoury, crispy recipe, loaded with the goodness of dosha balancing properties. This recipe is excellent for reducing ama buildup and blood cleansing.
- Ladyfinger is great for pacifying aggravated doshas.
- Coconut helps cool the Sadhaka Pitta and reignites the digestive fire.
- The recipe balances Vata and Pitta, acts as a coolant and is great to combat cold, cough and indigestion
The ancient science of Ayurveda is a goldmine of remedies and health-benefiting concoctions. And today, we bring to you an Ayurvedic recipe from the ancient scriptures. Ladyfinger (bhindi) has numerous benefits in Ayurveda. It balances the three doshas and cleanses the blood and muscles of toxins (ama). And when mixed with the Tridoshic and Somagenic properties of coconut, this recipe is beneficial for the entire body.
Here’s how you can prepare this delicious dish
- Take 500 grams of ladyfinger, wash it properly and cut off the ends.
- Sprinkle it with lemon juice and bake the ladyfinger in a lightly greased pan with ¼ cup of water at 350 °F. Keep the pan covered.
- Take two tablespoons of chopped almonds (badam), ¾ cups of grated coconuts (nariyal) and roast it for 3 min.
- Add 2/3 cup of plain yoghurt to the mix and 1 tsp of salt to the mix.
- Let this sauce simmer for another minute.
- Once the sauce is prepared, add the crispy baked lady finger and mix it well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander (dhania) and serve hot.
Sounds delicious, doesn’t it? What’s even better is that it’s loaded with Ayurvedic benefits. It balances both Vata and Pitta, acts as a coolant and is great to combat cold, cough and indigestion. Coconut, on the other hand, is considered as a divine fruit in the Vedic scriptures. It helps reduce the ama buildup in the body, cools Sadhaka Pitta and reignites the digestive fire (Agni). This recipe combines the best of both ingredients. So try out this amazing recipe and enjoy the benefits.
To know more about a healthy Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.