Fall season (September to December) is the peak time for respiratory allergies because of the following reasons:
The weather turns cooler by the day
- Heaps of fallen leaves and dust become common
- Cold virus becomes more active during this season
- Campfires and thick smog
Allergies usually occur due to weak immunity. To more about useful things that you can take to strengthen your immune system, read our blog: Immunity boosting tips to prevent seasonal illnesses, here we will see how Ayurveda can help patients with Asthma.
Treatment for asthma is done with ayurvedic rasayana therapy. This expels phlegm, strengthens lungs, relieves congestion in the respiratory channels and make breathing easier. By undertaking treatment, diet and lifestyle recommendations of the doctor, asthma can be effectively managed and kept under control by improving immunity.
Useful Ayurvedic Tips for relief in Asthma
Here are 5 simple tips that will give you relief in asthma:
- To get relief in congestion and difficulty in breathing, add 2-3 drops of thyme oil/spearmint oil/eucalyptus oil or a few pieces of menthol in steaming water and inhale the steam.
- Make a natural expectorant by boiling a pinch of ajwain, 4-5 leaves of tulsi, 2-3 crushed black pepper and a pinch of freshly grated ginger in 2 cups of water. Boil until water reduces to half. Strain and drink this tea twice or thrice a day.
- Slightly warm brown mustard oil or sesame oil and massage the chest and throat region. This will give warmth and help in relieving congestion.