Almost 79% of the total population across the globe is suffering from obesity or Medarog as Ayurveda calls it. Obesity is the unhealthy state of our body, normally, characterized by excessive fat around stomach or waistline. While many people have fat stored all over the body, some people have only acquired the fat on their stomach. Sedentary lifestyle, genetic, hormonal, endocrine and estrogen disorders lead to obesity and belly fat, which if not treated at the right time, can be vulnerable to one’s health. Increase visceral fat on stomach results in a number of health diseases such as heart diseases, arthritis, kidney problems, diabetes and the list goes on.
Kapha, a body humor (Dosha), is dense, slow, oily, and heavy, which provides adequate nourishment to mind, and body. Kapha, in ample amount, provides complete lubrication and nourishment to our senses and organs. But, when it is produced excessively, it generates harmful toxins and fat tissues (Meda Dhatu) which are stored in various channels of our body. The accumulated Kapha or fat must be cleared and flushed out of our body to stay hale and hearty. And one can easily cut down the excess fat on the stomach by pacifying Kapha dosha. For this, here are some Ayurvedic tips:
- Mix one tablespoon of honey and half lime juice in a glass of lukewarm water. Drink it on empty stomach in the morning. You can also take this at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Prepare a Triphala powder by blending Amalaki, Haritaki, Bibhitaki herbs. Take it with warm milk every day. Triphala powder detoxifies the body and promotes proper digestion.
- Make a thick paste of mint with grounded spices and eat during daily meals. You may also drink mint and green tea. This reduces appetite, boosts metabolism and soothes the digestive system.
- Include bitter gourd (Karela), drumsticks (Sehjan) and other green vegetables in your diet to control obesity.
- Drink Ayurvedic Slim Tea. Slim tea is a blend of Ayurvedic herbs that are especially formulated to cleanse toxins from the body. It also helps melt cellulite deposits. Slim tea is a natural and time-tested detoxification and rejuvenation tea that enables you to lose weight while boosting general health.