Bathe your child using a homemade Ayurveda approved cleanser made from a mixture of milk and chickpea flour as an alternative to chemically processed soaps.
- Chickpea is a good de-tanning agent and cleanses skin beautifully.
- Milk nourishes the skin and keeps it soft and supple.
- Chickpea and milk pudding can also be used as a scrub.
Abhyanga is a part of ancient Ayurvedic medicine that involves massaging the body with different oils. It stimulates blood circulation and calms the nervous system. One of the main benefits of Abhyanga is that the oil rejuvenates and lubricates the skin and tissues.
This practice is very calming to the child’s nervous system. Traditionally, a head massage and a body massage is given to a child 2-3 hours prior to their bath. Ghee, til oil (sesame seed oil) and nariyal oil (coconut oil) are warmed up and massaged onto the scalp.
While bathing your child, use a homemade Ayurveda-approved cleansing agent made from a mixture of milk and chickpea flour (besan). Besan is a good de-tanning agent and cleanses skin beautifully while milk nourishes the skin. Together, they make a good alternative to chemically processed soaps.
Chickpea and Milk Cleanser
- 1 tsp chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup organic milk
How to prepare
- Mix a tsp of chickpea flour in a cup of milk
- Whisk it well
- Transfer the mixture into a small pan
- Heat it on a medium flame until it thickens, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and let it cool
- Use it as body soap while bathing
- After the bath, rinse it thoroughly with water
This Ayurvedic cleanser is gentle on the skin and contains none of the chemicals that you find in regular soaps available in the market. It’s perfect for your baby’s delicate skin and the perfect way to give him a nice massage even as he has a bath. That’s what you call a double advantage!
For more advice about more healthy Ayurvedic lifestyle, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.