Ayurveda pays a lot of importance to sex, considering it one of the main pillars of life. It takes an almost divine aspect of the union between man and women and recommends the following considerations when having sex:
- Sex is a sacred act and those participating in it should be faithful to each other. A sexual union should only happen when there is mutual love, respect, and understanding between the two partners.
- Sexual union should occur between two people who are able and hygienic. Both partners should be willing, of healthy body and mind, and not suffering from any diseases of the sex organs.
- Intercourse should not be had in any temples, and monasteries out of respect. You shouldn’t have sex in or around a burial ground either as they carry negative vibes and infectious diseases.
- To best reap the pleasures of sex, ensure that you and your partner are in comfortable positions. According to Ayurveda, the most comfortable and gratifying position is when the woman is lying on her back, facing upwards.
- A sexual union with the goal of producing an offspring should be avoided on the nights of the new moon, full moon, lunar or solar eclipses and during days of mourning. During these days the doshas of the parents are imbalanced, which can have a negative impact on the child.
- Once the act has been performed, Ayurveda advocates that you follow a post-sex regimen of bathing and exposing your body to cool natural air. Once this is done, apply scents and drink cool fluids like water, milk, coconut water or fruit juices to replenish your body.
For more information on sex-related issues get in touch with a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.