When it comes to skincare, most people think that applying any product from the market will help. But it doesn’t. Unless you know your Ayurvedic skin type, you won’t be able to customize your skincare routine for it and you’re likely to keep having problems every now and then.
There are three main skin types – vata, pitta, and kapha – and then there are sub-types based on a combination of these three doshas. If we look at vata skin, it is dry, thin, cool to the touch, and it gets easily dehydrated. It is also affected in dry, windy weather. For this reason, it requires a lot of nourishment.
Tips For Vata Skin
Your skin care routine should Include essential oils or herbs that nourish the skin and keep it hydrated. Lack of nourishment can cause wrinkles and premature ageing.
- Include organic milk, green leafy vegetables and whole grains in your diet to add nourishment.
- Drink plenty of lukewarm water throughout the day.
- Cleanse and hydrate your body by eating sweet juicy fruits.
- Include healthy fats in your diet, like ghee or olive oil.
- Warm oil massage (abhyanga) with herbal oil like Jiva Massage Oil is also recommended.
- Use a gentle moisture-balancing cleanser like Aloe Mint Face Wash.
- Moisturize with an all-natural moisturizer.
- And most importantly, get plenty of rest to allow your skin to be supple.
A few simple Ayurvedic tips can do wonders! But this is just the beginning. To know more about your skin type or any problems related to it, speak to one of our doctors. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.