We’ve all cried about skin problems at least once in our lives. Anything you’ve tried doesn’t yield results because you first need to understand your Ayurvedic skin type to deal with all your skin problem from the very root.
Kapha skin type tends to be greasy, thick, and more tolerant of the sun, making it more prone to accumulation of ama (toxins) under the skin. Regular detoxification—both internal and external—is a must for people with Kapha skin to flush the toxins out from the skin.
Scrubbing the skin with a gentle exfoliating clay can help external cleansing and herbal formulations help cleanse the skin from within.
Tips For Kapha Skin
- Sweet or deep-fried foods make the skin oilier so eat these kinds of foods in moderation.
- Improve blood circulation by exercising daily for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Massaging your face and body regularly also helps improve circulation while expelling the body of toxins. Consider a daily warm oil massage with Jiva Massage Oil.
- Include plenty of organic vegetables and fruits in your diet to cleanse the body from within.
- Clean your skin twice every day and exfoliate with a mud-mask like Neem Mud Pack at least once a week.
- Cooking with warming spices such as ginger and black pepper improves the digestive fire and inhibits the accumulation of ama inside the body.
Nobody likes to have bad skin but you can improve it and make it glow with these simple steps. However, this is just the beginning. If you’d like more advice on your skin type and how to look after it properly, speak to one of our doctors. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.