Hot flashes and night sweats are quite common when women approach menopause. These symptoms can be extremely worrisome and induce anxiety in someone going through it. Thankfully, Ayurveda has some suggestions that can help you cope with these problems.
- Menopause is a vata phase of life. Hence keeping the vata dosha balanced is vital.
- Chamomile tea or ashwagandha milk should be consumed in the evening.
- Warm baths with sendha namak should be taken 2-3 times a week.
- Avoid substance indulgences like caffeine and alcohol.
Hot flashes and night sweats are quite common among women who’re approaching menopause. They can be extremely worrisome and induce anxiety in someone going through it. This may result in lack of sleep. According to Ayurveda, sleep in one of the three pillars that support a healthy life.
Here are a few ayurvedic suggestions that you should follow to help you sleep better during your menopausal phase
- Menopause is a vata phase of life. Hence keeping the vata dosha balanced is vital. Follow a vata pacifying diet.
- Add two elaichi to a glass of boiled milk. Drink it before bed to calm the vata and sleep peacefully.
- Your diet should not be too heavy. Eat light. The dinner should be especially easy to digest and should be taken two hours before bedtime.
- Avoid having excessive amounts of caffeine.
- Meditate for 30-45 minutes to calm your mind. Mental and physical peace is important.
- Take warm baths with sendha namak 2-3 times a week.
- Head massages increase blood circulation in the scalp. Warm half a cup of coconut oil and apply it gently to the scalp. This should be done at least once a week.
To know more about menopause and healthy lifestyle, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.