One of the most common ailments children suffer from is Krimi or worms. It can be caused by lack of personal hygiene, uncooked and contaminated food, excess sweet, and junk food. However, there are simple Ayurveda remedies that can help your child remain worm-free.
- Mix Vidanga powder (Embelia Ribes) with honey or warm water and make your child drink it every day in the morning.
- Taking the concoction of dry ginger (adrak), black pepper (kaali mirch), pippali (Piper longum) and honey for 15 days also reduces worms.
- Tulsi leaf juice with honey or peach juice and honey is also helpful.
- Food like ajwain (caraway), black pepper (kaali mirch), asafoetida (hing), black salt (kala namak), dry ginger, garlic, turmeric are good for deworming. Take ajwain mixed with a pinch of salt on empty stomach for a week to eliminate worms.
- Always drink boiled water. Give your child to drink coconut water or water medicated with ajwain or vidang.
- For children up to age of 4-5yrs, soak a piece of cotton in sesame oil or groundnut oil and place it at the anus to reduce itching.
- A decoction of nagarmotha, daruharidra, and drumstick bark along with the powder of piper longum and vidanga helps to remove worms as well.