Sanskars are centric to the Indian culture. It is a code of conduct that acts as guidance for kids throughout our lives. It is essential that kids learn this at an early age.
- Obedience, respect, and discipline are the foundations of all sanskar
- Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness and helps build values
- Don’t pamper your children excessively; focus on making them independent
Sanskars are subconscious impressions that act as guidance for kids throughout their lives. It is essential that your kids learn this code of conduct at an early age. We believe that the foundation of sanskars lies in discipline. Here are some tips that can help lay the foundation of Indian values at a young age:
- Obedience, respect and discipline are the foundations of all sanskars. Any action is incomplete if not combined with discipline. Hence it is important that you plant the seed of discipline in your child’s conscious at a young age. With clear instructions from you, these qualities can be enhanced. Make them independent and responsible.
- The early bird gets the worm. We all know the rhyme, ‘Early to bed and early to rise, makes the man healthy, wealthy and wise!’ Studies show that kids who have a fixed sleep cycle tend to have more focus and energy. Also, it has long been preached by our sages that waking up at the Brahmamuhurta – the divine time before sunrise – is ideal for spiritual practice.
- Teach kids to express gratitude. Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. Ask them to say a thank you prayer every day before going to bed and after waking up. Ask them to thank God and the farmers who grew their food.
- Children do as they see. Keep that in mind and act accordingly. You are your child’s first role model. Follow your schedule and urge them to follow their schedule in a timely manner too.
- Teach them responsibility. They should make their beds every morning, keep their used dishes in the sink, and help with daily chores. Don’t spoil them.
For more such parenting tips and techniques, speak to one of our Jiva doctors today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ from the Jiva Health App.