These days, people tend to drink a lot socially, but they may not know when their fondness for alcohol becomes an addiction so severe that they’re unable to kick it. However, there are ways in which you can fight alcohol addiction and leave it behind you for good.
Listed below are a few remedies that Can be followed
Apple and Apple Juice
- Drink apple juice whenever you feel like indulging in substance. Ideally 2 glasses are enough in a day. You can also eat a fresh apple with every meal.
- Boil a few slices of fresh apples and eat them throughout the day for an effective recovery.
Grape and Grape Juice
- Drink 2 glasses of grape juice everyday. Since it’s got high alcohol content, having grape juice for several days can be a good replacement for traditional alcohol when the craving hits.
Ajwain or Carom Seeds
- Soak 500 grams of Ajwain (Carom seeds) in 8 litres of water for two days, preferably in a clay pot.
- Boil this mixture on medium heat until only 2 litres of water is left. Leave it to cool down.
- Once it cools down, preserve it in a bottle. Use 4 tsp of this mixture in a glass of water whenever you feel the urge to drink.
Saunf or Fennel Seeds
- Chew on fennel seeds 3 to 4 times a day, or whenever you feel the urge to consume alcohol. Fennel is effective in helping with alcohol addiction.
Elaichi or Cardamom
- Chew 2 cardamom cloves 3 times a day or whenever you have the desire to drink. It is an excellent herb that is extremely helpful while dealing with withdrawal symptoms.
For more advice on how to kick an addiction, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.