We often have fat accumulated around our neck due to being obese or overweight. While you should aim to reduce weight from your entire body, there are some particular stretches in yoga that will help you get a slimmer and more elegant looking neck. Here are 4 yoga poses that we’d particularly recommend.
1. Sideways Neck Bend
- Start in Padamasana (with your legs crossed).
- Inhaling, bend your neck and rest it on your left shoulder.
- Exhaling, lift it back to its normal position.
- Repeat 6 to 12 times on each side.
2. Backwards Neck Bend
- Start in Padamasana ( with your legs crossed).
- Inhaling, bend your head as far back as is comfortable.
- Exhaling, bend your head forwards and rest it between your collarbones.
- Repeat 4-8 times.
3. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
- Start by lying with your face downwards.
- Placing your elbows under your shoulders, raise yourself on your forearms.
- Stretch your legs out behind you and left your chin up, elongating your neck as much as possible.
4. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- Start on your stomach with your hands by your sides.
- Exhaling, bend your knees and grip your ankles with your hands.
- Lift your thighs and chest off the ground, drawing your shoulders back towards your back and stretching your neck away from your body.
- Hold for 10-20 seconds.
- Repeat 4-6 times.
With regular practice of these yoga asanas, you will notice your neck getting more and more shapely. Wow, that looks so elegant!
However, for more advice on losing weight and keeping it off, consult a Jiva doctor. You can dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.