Diverticulitis is a bowel disease that causes inflammation in the colon. Some of the symptoms include fever, nausea, vomiting, etc. This article looks at a few foods that soothe Diverticulitis.
- Eating one garlic a day can prevent infections
- Papaya prevents infection and soothes inflammation
- Potatoes are a nourishing vegetable that fight inflammation
Diverticulitis is a bowel disease that causes inflammation in the colon. It is the final stage of what is called a Diverticula. Diverticula are inflamed pouches that form on the outer wall of the colon that often get bacterial infections. This infected situation is what is called Diverticulitis.
Some of the symptoms include nausea, headaches, abdominal pains with cramps and chills.
Including the following in your diet might help in soothing the symptoms of Diverticulitis.
- Garlic prevents infections.
- Eat one clove of garlic three times a day.
- Chop finely and mix it with a salad. Consume this with every meal. Finely chopped Garlic can even be added to soup and stew.
- Add raw garlic to any dish after is the food is cooked because heat can destroy the medicinal benefits.
- Papaya is extremely helpful in preventing infection and soothes inflammation.
- Cut open a papaya and toss away the seeds. Eat a bowl full of papaya before every meal.
- Use it in a fruit salad. It is especially good with melons.
- Juice a papaya. Add a tsp of honey to add flavour if necessary.
- Pear soothes inflammation
- Eat a bowl of freshly ripe pears twice a day
- Blend a ripe pear into a smoothie. It can be taken as a breakfast supplement.
- Potatoes is a nourishing vegetable that is perhaps the most versatile. They are filled with anti-inflammatory properties that help digestion. However, because grease aggravates this condition, avoid fried forms of potatoes.
- Add a pinch of salt to 2-3 diced boiled potatoes. It can be taken as a side dish.
- Boiled potato salads are enjoyable.
For more advice on Diverticulitis, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.