Calves are usually ignored while working out. They’re stretched and worked while doing cardio, but we hardly target them specially. But, if you really want to look great in those ankle boots and heels, you need to have amazing calves, and that requires work!
Here are some yoga poses and stretches you can do to get those perfectly muscular calves.
Ardha Hanumanasana (Half Splits)
This is great for stretching and toning the hamstrings and calves respectively.
- Start by kneeling.
- Extend your right leg in front and rest it on the heel.
- Bending at the waist, grip your right foot with both hands. Hold for 6 breaths.
- Repeat 5-8 times on each leg.
Ek Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana (One-legged Downward Facing Dog)
This asana is a great full body workout in addition to toning the calves.
- Start on your hands and knees.
- Lift your knees off the ground and slowly straighten your legs, pressing your heels into the ground.
- Inhaling, lift your right leg off the ground, pointing your toes downwards.
- Hold for 4-8 seconds.
- Repeat on each leg 3- 6 times.
Parsvottanasana (Pyramid Pose)
This pose is excellent at strengthening and stretching the calves.
- Start by standing straight.
- Extend your right leg forward and place it around 4 feet away from your left leg.
- Bending at the waist, rest your hands on the ground beside your right leg.
- Hold for 8-10.
- Repeat on each side 3-6 times.
For further guidance on weight loss, consult a Jiva doctor today. You can dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.