Psoriasis is a condition where pesky little patches of the skin harden and turn red or white. These are extremely painful, itchy, dry and chronic, and there is no cure for them in modern medicine!
Why does it happen?
- According to Ayurveda, Psoriasis is caused due to an aggravation of pitta and vata.
- The fiery pitta causes the itchiness and burning sensation while the dryness of the vata is what makes these sores so hard to lubricate.
- Emotional stress, excessive fried food, a polluted environment are also causes.
So, that means stay happy, eat clean, and breathe clean, folks to keep Psoriasis at bay!
Here are some home remedies that will bring you relief from the pain and itchiness associated with psoriasis
- Add 10 gms of kapoor to 1 kilo of coconut oil and apply it to your body. This combats the dry vata and reduces the itch causing dryness of the sores. Even by itself, coconut oil is the most effective at helping, so oil up!
- Combine half a kilo of butter with a paste of neem leaves and use as a moisturizer. Neem acts as an anti- bacterial and butter alleviates both the vata and pitta.
- Have half a glass of karela (bitter gourd) juice every morning. Karela pacifies the vata and also purifies the blood.
While home remedies are good for immediate relief, for a deep-rooted disease like psoriasis, a medical treatment is a must to enjoy long-term solution. So consult a Jiva doctor today. You can dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.