Sometimes, we all get lazy. It’s so hard to get out of bed and roll out your yoga mat for the daily round of asanas. Luckily, there are many beneficial postures you can do even before you set foot on the floor. If done in the morning, these poses will help you to kick-start an energetic day. And at night, these poses are restorative practices to prepare you for peaceful and restful sleep.
- Find a comfortable seat in the centre of the bed.
- Draw the soles of your feet together.
- Place your hands, palm-side up, on either side of your thighs.
- Connect with your breath by deepening the inhalation and slowing down the exhalation.
- Repeat the rhythmic breathing for 10-15 times.
- Extend your legs straight out in front of you.
- Place your hands by your hips.
- Extend through the crown of your head to lengthen the spine.
- As you inhale, reach your arms towards the ceiling.
- As you exhale, fold your upper body towards your legs and lower the hands to wrap around your feet.
- Breathe deeply for 5–10 breaths, each breath drawing your rib cage away from your hips and creating space in the spine.
- Repeat the flex for 10-15 times.
- Lie on your back and draw your knees toward your chest.
- Wrap your hands or arms around your legs.
- Take 5–10 deep breaths, drawing your knees closer into your chest with each exhale.
- The pressure on the abdomen improves digestion, releasing bloating from the belly and tightness in the low back.
For more lifestyle and yoga tips, visit the Jiva Ayurveda website or consult a Jiva doctor. Dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.