Back fat can be really stubborn and difficult to get rid of. And if you love wearing low back blouses and dresses, that extra fat is probably cramping your style. But when Ayurveda’s got your back (literally!), you won’t have to worry about that.
Here are 2 yoga asanas that, if done regularly, will give you a slimmer and more toned back. Let’s get started immediately.
Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)
In addition to toning up your back, this asana has positive effects on your entire body.
- Lie on your back and relax.
- Bend your knees and place your feet as close to your hips as you can.
- Bend your arms beneath you, shoulder width apart with your fingers pointing toward your hips.
- Inhaling, lift your body off the floor, supporting your weight on your hands and feet.
- Raise your stomach and hips as high as you can.
- Exhaling, slowly lower yourself to the floor.
- Repeat 2-6 times.
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
This is one of the best asanas for melting back and oblique fat.
- Start by standing with your feet around 4 feet apart.
- Turn your right foot sideways 90 degrees and your left one 15 degrees.
- Keep them aligned with each other.
- Exhaling, bend your body towards the right.
- Bend from your hips and keep your waist straight.
- Extend your left hand towards the sky and touch your right ankle with your right hand.
- Hold for 6- 10 breaths.
- Repeat on the other side.
To know more about weight loss and how to keep obesity in check, consult a Jiva doctor today. You can dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.