Jaundice is the yellow fever that attacks the skin, the whites of the eyes, and the body fluids. This illness usually indicates that there’s a problem with the liver or bile duct. Doing the following asanas regularly can help with the management of jaundice
FISH POSE (Matsya Asana)
This asana exerts pressure on the liver, thereby strengthening and stimulating it. It also helps recover from the damage caused by fibrosis, apoptosis, inflammation, and stress.
- Lie on the floor. Keep the knees bent, feet on the floor.
- Inhale and lift the pelvis. Slide hands below buttocks. Rest buttocks on hands. Exhale, keep forearms and elbows close to sides.
- Inhale and press forearms and elbows firmly against floor.
- Press the back into the floor, inhale, lift upper torso and head away from the floor.
- Depending on how high you arch your back and lift your chest, either the back of your head or its crown will rest on the floor. There should be minimal amount of weight on your head.
- Keep knees bent. Stay for 15-20 seconds
- Exhale and lower torso. Draw thighs up into belly and squeeze.
LOTUS POSE (Padmasana)
This asana massages the internal organs and helps increase blood circulation.
- Sit with legs stretched out in front of you.
- Exhale. Bend knees.
- Drop your knees out, press the sole of your feet together
- With the first and second finger and thumb, grasp the big toe of each foot.
- Keep pubis in front and tailbone equidistant from the floor.
- Lengthen front torso.
- Release heads of the thighs bones forward, the knees will follow
- Hold pose for 1-3 minutes.
- Inhale, transition into original position
To deal with jaundice, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.