Women go through several transitions in their lifetime - when they start their periods, when they go through pregnancy, and when they hit menopause. Doing yoga everyday ensures their overall wellbeing, while balancing the body, mind, and soul. Mentioned within this article are two asanas that women should practice regularly.
- Apart from being a good physical workout, yoga also promotes physical and spiritual wellbeing.
- Women, especially should make room for yoga in their life so that they stay balanced through all the transitions they go through.
- Ustrasana strengthens the back, stretches the abdomen, thighs, throat and the entire front of the body
- Vrikshasana improves balance, reduces sciatica, stretches the groin, inner thighs, chest and shoulders.
Yoga is a discipline that encompasses the sanctity of alignment, and tries to bring the mental, emotional, and physical aspect of the body together. Since a woman’s body is always in a transitional phase, it is essential she opts for yoga to ensure overall well being. Yoga has helped with fertility, flexibility, metabolism, and hormonal imbalance. Here are two asanas that women should practice regularly so that they’re able to successfully ride out all the physical transitions without them taking a toll on their body.
Ustrasana (camel pose) strengthens the back, stretches the abdomen, thighs, throat, and the entire front of the body. It is also known to open the heart chakras and increase flexibility.
How to do the asana
- Kneel and place your hands on your hips
- Keep your knees and shoulders aligned
- Ensure that the sole of your feet touch the ceiling
- Inhale and push your tailbone outward such that you feel a pull at your navel
- Shift your weight onto your arms while sliding your palm over to your feet
- Do not strain your neck
- Hold the position for 30-60 seconds
Vrikshasana (tree pose) improves balance, reduces sciatica, stretches the groin, inner thighs, chest and shoulders.
How to do the asana
- Stand straight
- Shift your weight onto your left foot
- Reach down to hold your right ankle
- Pull your foot up and place it against your inner thigh
- Centre of your pelvic area should be aligned with the placement of your foot
- Station your gaze at a fixed point
- Join your hands in front of your chest
- Hold this position for 30-60 seconds and transition back into your original position
To know more about Yoga and healthy lifestyle, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.