Pregnancy, breastfeeding, menopause, mensuration, etc. are some of the phases that women go through in one lifetime. And breasts, intimately connected to the overall well being of women, relate to these physical passages in profound ways. Yet, the tips and exercises for keeping your breasts healthy are scarce.
Thankfully, there are several yoga practices that can help. Let’s take a look at two of them.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Lie down with your stomach pressed flat against the floor.
- Relax your arms and place them on the sides.
- Now, fold your knees and hold your ankles with your hands.
- Take a deep breath and then lift your chest.
- Pull your legs up with your hands so that your body is shaped like a bow.
- Continue taking deep breaths and hold on to the position for a few seconds.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Lay down on the floor with your stomach pressed flat against the floor.
- Take a deep breath and slowly raise your torso.
- Make sure not to raise your lower body.
- Next, raise your head, stretch and breathe out.
- Hold on to the position for about 1-2 minutes.
- Come back and repeat it for about 8-10 times.
Practising these yoga asanas can stimulate blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, which regulates the flow of energy (Apana) through the lymphatic system. So, practice these exercises and postures individually or as a set. Yoga’s mindfulness component also fosters an intimate connection with the body that can heighten our awareness of changes in our body and help in early detection of diseases, if any.
For more lifestyle tips and recipes visit the Jiva Ayurveda website, or to consult a Jiva doctor, you can dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.