Our bodies and minds can work for 90 minutes with full concentration and attentiveness. That’s why Ayurveda advices taking a refreshing 10-minutes breaks at least thrice a day to re-energize yourself.
- Overworking can cause mental and physical fatigue, which can get worse over time.
Try squeezing in short sessions of meditation, deep breathing, and even kapalbhati during the day
- Quality me-time will help you to boost your productivity at work.
Most of us work a minimum of 8 hours a day, often with very short breaks and without any outdoor activity to break the monotony. This causes mental and physical fatigue, which only gets worse with time.
Did you know that our bodies and minds can work for 90 minutes with full concentration and attentiveness? That’s why, Ayurveda advices taking a refreshing 10-minutes break at least thrice a day. Here are few ideas to keep you focused throughout the day.
- There is nothing more healing that meditation. Whenever you feel tired and stressed, go to a quiet corner and meditate for 10-20 minutes.
- Plug in headphones while listening to your favourite soothing songs or read a book.
- Take a 10-minute walk outside the premises, in the open air.
- If you are in an office cabin, close the door and do 5-10 sun salutations.
- Do kapalabhati or soham meditation for 10 minutes.
- When overstressed, take a break. Make a cup of your favourite herbal tea, indulge in small talk with your colleagues, and get to your work when you are calm and composed.
There are tons of things you can do for 10 minutes that make you feel amazing and relaxed. The idea is to have quality me-time in order to boost your productivity at work.
For more advice on how to adopt an Ayurvedic Lifestyle, consult a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.