Everybody hates dry skin. It can be caused due to excess vata accumulation in the body. But you don’t have to suffer from it anymore because we have 10 Ayurvedic tips that will put that irritating dryness to rest and keep your skin soft and happy. Ayurveda tips for nourished skin
- Avoid showering with hot water. Don’t use harsh soaps that strip your skin of its natural oils. Apply coconut oil or olive oil after showering to retain moisture.
- Get regular body massage (abhyanga) with herbal massage oils to achieve a soft and supple skin.
- Have a balanced diet including vegetables and fruits with high water content like cucumber, lettuce, and watermelon. Also have milk, nuts and whole grains.
- Seeds and nuts like sunflower seeds, flax seeds (alsi) and almonds (badam) contain healthy fats and fibre which improves dry skin.
- Include ghee in your diet (in moderation) to lubricate your skin and keep your lips soft.
- Work out for at least 20-30 minutes every day. It prevents vata from accumulating, keeps the joints and muscles toned and healthy, flushes out toxins, and improves circulation which gives you a healthy blush.
- Practice yoga and meditation to keep stress away since it affects your skin. It also helps in sleeping well.
- Seven hours of sleep is a must.
- Extreme weather conditions damage your skin so make sure you’re properly covered when you leave the house
- Drink warm water and stay hydrated. You can also have warm water with lemon every morning on empty stomach.
Following these simple steps will give you a smooth, supple skin and keep dryness at arm’s length. To know more about your skin and skin related problems, talk to a Jiva doctor today. Dial 0129-4040404 or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in Jiva Health App.